Did you know that a regular low-heeled shoe allows 40 percent of your body weight to be absorbed by the heel and the ball of your foot takes the other 60 percent? However, when you wear high-heeled shoes, the ball of your foot is absorbing around 90 percent of your entire body weight.
It’s no wonder you feel instant relief the second you take your high heels off and put your foot on the ground. Wearing high heels can often affect the alignment of your ankles, knees, pelvis and spine.
One can easily reverse this by getting regular sessions of massage therapy to allow you to continue wearing heels, but lessen the discomfort that comes with wearing them.