2. Don’t eat right before a massage.
3. Be on time. Being late can cause unnecessary stress.
4. Communicate with your massage therapist. It is important that both of you know why you are there and what your expectations are with the massage. Once both of you are on the same page, things are going to run smoothly.
5. Always remember to breathe normally. Breathing allows the body to relax naturally.
6. Relax your muscles. Tightening your muscles during a massage is counterproductive
7. Relax your mind. Having constant thoughts running through your mind causes a large amount of stress and the last thing you want is to be stressing out during a massage. Take this time to clear your mind and relax for a small part of your day and it will go a very long way.
8. Drink extra water after your massage
9. Don’t get up too quickly and do allow some open quiet time after your massage session. This will leave you refreshed and energized after a massage.
10. Be prepared to schedule several massage sessions. Massage has its best benefits when done over time. Relaxation deepens from each session.